Friday, December 16, 2011

Brian Wilsons

Brian Wilson, September 2011, on the Beach Boys’ fiftieth anniversary and the prospect of a group reunion:

Asked if he’s looking forward to the anniversary, he responds, “Not particularly,” adding, “I don’t really like working with the guys, but it all depends on how we feel and how much money’s involved. Money’s not the only reason I made rec­ords, but it does hold a place in our lives.“

Beach Boys Plan Anniversary Blowout With Likely Reunion Tour (Rolling Stone)
Brian Wilson, December 2011, on the Beach Boys’ fiftieth anniversary and the prospect of a group reunion:
“This anniversary is special to me because I miss the boys and it will be a thrill for me to make a new record and be on stage with them again.”

Surviving Beach Boys Announce Album, Tour Plans (Billboard)
[I like George Harrison’s 1989 comment on the idea of a Beatles reunion: “As far as I’m concerned, there won’t be a Beatles reunion as long as John Lennon remains dead.”]

comments: 1

Michael Leddy said...

To the reader who left a comment about BW changing his mind: Blogger stuck your comment in the Spam folder (for no good reason), and I deleted it without thinking. Sorry. Yes, BW does often contradict himself in interviews. His response to Rolling Stone though sounds, to me, unguarded and honest. “I miss the boys” (what boys?) sounds, to me, like a press release.