Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Blagojevich sentencing poll

It’s not every state whose news organizations get to poll audiences on appropriate prison time for an ex-governor.

This poll is from WCIA in Champaign.

Update, 12:44 p.m.: He got fourteen years. U.S. District Judge James Zagel: “When it is the governor who goes bad, the fabric of Illinois is torn and disfigured and not easily repaired.”

comments: 3

Elaine said...

This wouldn't enlarge, but best I can tell, everyone wanted the scumbag to get MORE than his 14 year sentence. I have to agree; his contrition was too little, too late.

Michael Leddy said...

Yes — 76% wanted twenty years.

It is a small pic, but you can use Control-+ or Command-+ to enlarge it a bit.

Anonymous said...

Sandburg observed and taught,

I asked the professors who teach the meaning of life to tell
me what is happiness.
And I went to famous executives who boss the work of
thousands of men.
They all shook their heads and gave me a smile as though
I was trying to fool with them
And then one Sunday afternoon I wandered out along
the Desplaines river
And I saw a crowd of Hungarians under the trees with
their women and children and a keg of beer and an
accordion.

Blago and many aldermen over generations thought it was power and money. I wager we will see more corruption proved, because that is the nature of politics.

Now as to the nature of beer....