Friday, July 29, 2011

Yahoo[!] Mail Classic

If you happen to have a Yahoo Mail account and if you happen to find the redesign ugly, there’s a sneaky way to get back the less ugly (though still ugly) look of Yahoo Mail Classic. Long story short: disable JavaScript in your browser, open up Yahoo Mail, choose “Return to a previous version of Yahoo! Mail,” and enable JavaScript. There’s a more detailed explanation from user Rudjake here.

Too bad Yahoo doesn’t offer something like Gmail’s new Preview theme, which to my eyes is a model of clarity and good taste.

[Yes, I use a Yahoo Mail account for blog-related stuff. Yes, I would feel like a jerk typing the exclamation point again and again.]

comments: 2

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!
I hate arbitrary UI redesign.

Michael Leddy said...

You’re welcome. I’ve since found that keyboard shortcuts for archiving messages no longer work, but they’re not working in the redesign either.