Monday, June 27, 2011

Rod Blagojevich found guilty

In the Dog-Bites-Man Department: an Illinois politician has been found guilty on corruption charges.

If you’re wondering, here’s how to pronounce his last name.

A couple of related posts
Blagojevich and “Ulysses”
Rod Blagojevich, maker of metaphors

[Elaine and I are proud not to have voted for him, twice.]

comments: 4

Elaine said...

Isn't it easier just to pronounce it, 'Jerk'? Or, better yet, 'Jailbird.'

Michael Leddy said...

Yes, but other former Illinois governors have dibs on those (Otto Kerner, Dan Walker, George Ryan).

stefan said...

Your list of previously convicted Illinois governors confirms a thought I had upon hearing the RB verdict: if I were an Illinois governor, I think prison reform would be high on my agenda. I'd want to make the jails nice--you know, before I became a client.

Michael Leddy said...

No conflict of interest there. :)