Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father’s Day

[Photograph by Louise Leddy, November 28, 1957.]

That’s my dad, James Leddy, and me, in Union City, New Jersey, in front of my grandparents’ apartment building (i.e., the building where my grandparents rented an apartment and where my dad grew up). The tree is now gone, but Google Maps shows the little brick walls still guarding the steps to the entrance, same as they ever were.

Happy Father’s Day, Dad. And Happy Father’s Day to all.

comments: 4

Elaine said...

Just a wonderful, touching tribute... and I like knowing that the legacy of loving-care has plainly been passed on in the Leddy family. (Think what a dear father and mother your offspring will be! That will be the true Father's Day.)

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Elaine; I hope so. Knock wood. :)

Rachel said...

Dad, I'm sorry I missed this post (I don't know how I did?!), but happy father's day to you here in cyberspace, too. :)

Michael Leddy said...

It’s like Father’s Day all over again! Thank you, Rachel.