Saturday, May 14, 2011

“The kids”


This photograph of “the kids” is a sequel to one that Elaine took almost two years ago, when our daughter Rachel graduated from college. Today it was our son Ben’s turn. Our family is now 75% Phi Beta Kappa. Represent! Elaine went to a trade school (Juilliard): no ΦBK there.

Yesterday, I was a mess, scattered and wired. “Big changes in our family,” I explained to my family, who pointed out to me that it’s not our family that’s changing: it’s circumstances. Yes, they are, in a way that makes all of us excited about what’s to come.

Congradulations, Ben!

[Photograph by Michael Leddy, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, May 13, 2011.]

comments: 4

Elaine said...

I see that all of the Leddy's have a strong family resemblance. Of course, aren't smart people usually good-looking, too?

Michael Leddy said...

If you say so. :)

normann said...

Tell you what, Dad: You're entitled. Well done! And well done, Ben!

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks, Normann. I’ll pass your words on to Ben.