Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pet Sounds cover, reimagined


Art by Andrew Kolb, from 33.3 Art Show (“artists and designers reinterpret and reimagine existing album covers”). It’s a lovely cover, but a bit generous to Mike Love (second from the right) hair-wise.

(via Boing Boing)

comments: 5

Matt Thomas said...

Wouldn’t it be nice if, just for kicks, I could replace the official artwork in iTunes with this. Oh wait, I can. Done. Cooper Black be gone!

Michael Leddy said...

It’s a very plausible replacement.

I learned about custom artwork when I added the White Album to my iPod and saw a black square in Cover Flow (pre-Beatles-on-iTunes).

surferjoe1 said...

Oh, my God, that is a beautiful piece of work. Do you mind if I repost it with your name?

Michael Leddy said...

A tip of the hat is welcome (thanks), but it’d be more important to give credit to the guy who drew it. :)

surferjoe1 said...

Thanks! I was looking all over your blog for more of his work. Guess my reading comprehension was not in top form last night!