Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Procrastination, effort, reward

James Surowiecki on procrastination:

Procrastination is driven, in part, by the gap between effort (which is required now) and reward (which you reap only in the future, if ever). So narrowing that gap, by whatever means necessary, helps. Since open-ended tasks with distant deadlines are much easier to postpone than focussed, short-term projects, dividing projects into smaller, more defined sections helps.
Aha: granularity!

(Found via Good Experience)

comments: 3

Geo-B said...

Compposing a response in my head, will follow directly.

Michael Leddy said...

Take your time, my friend. :)

Elaine Fine said...

Sorry, It took me a few days to get around to leaving a comment on this post. It might be a while before I read the article, so I'll have to get back to you later.