Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Harvey Pekar on WKSU

Who Is Harvey Pekar?: thirty-six Pekar commentaries, from WKSU-FM, Kent, Ohio. A sample:

“Once Good Morning America came to Cleveland, and they invited me to be on their show until they saw my comics. Then they said, ‘These stories are so dark; they’re disturbing.’ What do they want? Hugh Downs?”
Other Harvey Pekar posts
Good advice from Harvey Pekar
Harvey Pekar (1939–2010)
Joyce Brabner, writing, recognition
Harvey Pekar on life and death
Harvey Pekar’s The Quitter
Review: Leave Me Alone!

comments: 2

Other Elaine said...

We missed WKSU after we left NE Ohio; now we listen to it on internet radio. The only time it's a problem is when the weather report comes on, sometimes engendering panic on my part. LOL

Michael Leddy said...

I know WKSU from driving through Ohio. Your comment reminds me of the disorientation I feel when listening to podcasts while driving: when the show’s close fails to syncs with the half-hour or hour mark, I end up, for just a moment, in the Twilight Zone.