Saturday, June 14, 2008

Make way for ducklings

Are such signs common? They are uncommonly cute.

[Spotted near Columbus, Ohio.]

comments: 5

JuliaR said...

I have seen turtle crossing signs here in Ontario. No pix, sorry. But we have real ducklings and goslings in the park beside our house! (That's interesting - the spell check here doesn't recognize gosling as a plural.)

Stephen said...

You might be amused by this unusual record of a summer vacation:

The page's author is a luminary in the computer science field. I love his explanation of why doesn't use email:

"Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of things."

The full text at

(Your post prompted me to recall and look up the above.)

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks for the links, Julia and Stephen. I esp. like the idea of "fluffy dinosaurs" and the photo of the Linux-users sign.

Rosalie said...

There's a sign like that in Grandview, Missouri, where Grandview Road and Martha Truman Road Cross :)

Michael Leddy said...

It’s nice to know that there’s more than one. Thanks, Rosalie.