Saturday, January 12, 2008

Harmony guitars and Juno

Juno MacGuff checks out a Gibson Les Paul. Then someone asks her what she plays: "I rock a Harmony."

Harmony, the People's Guitar!

If you too began musical life on a Harmony, you'll find lots to remember at the unofficial Harmony Database. (I started out with an H1215 and an H162.)

Juno by the way is well worth seeing. The best lines in the movie though are not arch and knowing but plainly felt: "I wanted everything to be perfect. Not shitty and broken like everyone else's family."

comments: 4

Anonymous said...

i am the proud owner of a 1965 Silvertone Guitar (made by harmony). Just caught that line on my 2nd viewing of Juno

Michael Leddy said...

I knew that Silvertones were sold at Sears, but I didn't know that Harmony made them. Now I do. : )

Thanks for reading, Bryan.

Anonymous said...

I have a Harmony Marquis Model 106G. Not really one of the Vintage models but still probably 30-40 years old. A hand me down I got for free. The action is a little high and the neck is fat and wide but sounds full and sweet with new strings and 'till I get to be a better player, It'll do. I am going to have a tee shirt made that says "I rock a Harmony".

Michael Leddy said...

Best wishes for your guitar-playing, Anon.