Friday, October 27, 2006

Firefox 2.0 tweaks

Lifehacker has a tremendously helpful post for anyone using the new Firefox 2.0. Don't be put off by the words "Geek to Live"; anyone smart enough to use Firefox should be able to negotiate the tweaks described.

I've been using Firefox 2.0 since Tuesday and find it fast and stable. My only dissatisfaction is with the new, washed-out theme, but -- lo! -- the Firefox 1.5 theme is now available for use with 2.0.

Firefox 2.0
Geek to Live: Top Firefox 2 config tweaks (Lifehacker)
Winestripe (default Firefox 1.5 theme for Firefox 2.0)

comments: 3

Lee said...

I've just downloaded Firefox 2.0, and you're right that it's faster than the last version. I don't mind the plain theme, however.

Lee said...

And thanks for the tweaks link - very helpful, all sorts of stuff I didn't know.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Firefox 1.5 theme link.

Mike.