Thursday, March 9, 2006

Under Odysseus

From a Trojan War blog written by Eurylochus, one of Odysseus' men:

More drama.

Polites told me that there was some kind of blow-out today between Achilles and Agamemnon. Rumor has it that it was over some girl.

I have a hard time believing that this is true. To be honest, I can’t imagine any girl torn between those two. Agamemnon might be Commander-in-Chief, but there is no kind way to describe his looks. On the other hand, Achilles has to fight the girls off. I swear to Zeus, it looks like a goddamned holiday parade when the guy goes to pick up his laundry.
» Under Odysseus (link via kottke.org)

comments: 1

Anonymous said...

I loved this! This whole concept is rich with possibilities. I just started reading Middlemarch; maybe I'll try something like that with it, just for fun.